Poison control is officially in my speed dial! Had a little scare Monday. I was at my parent's house (first excuse) and I put Lillian on the ground to go look out the front of the house for Olivia's ride to church. Apparently cleaning supplies were sitting on her ground that I didn't see (second excuse). Two seconds later (isn't that how it always is) I came back to see her with Comet in her hands. She had tried to turn it up like a cup and there was a little powder on her bottom lip.
I immediately scoop her up and proceed to practically drown her in the kitchen sink and rinse her mouth out. Then I ran upstairs to ask 'registered nurse' mother if she thinks I should call poison control. I knew she hadn't ingested A TON of it but still, you can't be too careful.
We called and they asked a few questions then said she'd probably be fine. Just give her some water and watch her, etc.
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with them. They take your name and number and call you back in an hour to check on the baby!! They were extremely helpful.
I was trying to think if I'd ever called poison control before and I don't think I have. I want to say I recall Olivia eating Desitin before - but I think I called the number on the back of the tube. Can't quite remember.
But I have the number now!! I probably should plug in Children's Hospital number as well. Just in case. :-) Being totally outnumber and only having 2 eyes for 3 kids, something is bound to happen! Guess I'll step up my prayers of protection over my family too. :-)