First let me say that, whew, it is SO nice to have the baby news off our chest. I just don't like hiding things. It really starts to mess with my head. But a lot of you have asked, so I'll kinda give you the story...and some other details. It may be a little long. Sorry.
It all started last summer when Robert and I barely started discussing if we even wanted to have another child. We were both open to adding to our family, but just not yet. I did say I thought it would be fun to have a September baby. Well, in September 2008, we had a positive pregnancy test that pretty much sent me over the edge. I wasn't ready, plus I was having a lot of unexplained pain. I also had no desire to tell anyone that I was pregnant. A couple weeks later, there were complications that sent me into the doctor. (Let me say I have THE BEST doctor - he took wonderful care of me) There didn't seem to be a baby at all (blighted ovum). But everything else pointed towards pregnancy. That lead to a s series of tests that kept me in limbo of knowing anything for a couple of weeks. Talk about AWFUL. Do you grieve, get excited? It was hard to stay hopeful knowing what the outcome would most likely be. I had a hard time keeping my emotions in check.
I went through 1 surgery and 6 weeks later another one because of more complications. The pain was horrible. I thought I was making it up! I mean, this was supposed to be a quick little outpatient procedure and you're fine in a few days!
So after the second surgery, I finally felt like a new person! No pain. Then I started thinking about not EVER having any more kids. But God had a bigger plan.
The week before Robert lost his job we had another positive pregnancy test. Which also sent me over the edge. It was TOO SOON in my head for this to happen. I remember thinking, "this can't be good." And what an awful thing to think...it should be time to celebrate! But things were still too fresh.
Anyway, we went into the doctor and it was too early to see anything. Great...wait again. But during that wait, God really gave Robert and I a peace about everything. We both had several confirmations along the way too. But not enough to start shouting out the news. We went back at 6 weeks and heard and saw the heartbeat. But we were still under strict doctor's orders not to tell before 10 weeks. So we proceeded to make it a nonexistent subject in our household.
At 10 weeks, I went in again and he found the heartbeat on my belly. :-) I got his blessing to share the news. Sunday morning, we told the kids, and then they they told the grandparents at lunch. We called all of our close family.
Olivia is very excited. Her prayer request for quite a while has been for a new baby. Well, she may be in for more than she bargained for! But I do know she will be an extremely wonderful big sister. I'm sure all the needs of the baby will be taken care of. ;-)
So...anywho...the due date is September 14, 2009. Of course, I'd love to go early, but you know how that goes. Oh, and that old wives tale that the more kids you have the earlier they come. LIES LIES LIES! Lillian was LATE! But came very fast.
It'll be a long nine months. I can't say that being pregnant is my absolute favorite thing, but I do look forward to feeling this little one kick around. There really is nothing like it.
Actually, I think the biggest challenge will be answering all the questions the kids have, especially Landon. Landon asked how the baby will come out. And Olivia said, "Oh Landon, I'll tell you later. The doctor reaches in your private parts and pulls the baby out!"
Ooookkkkayyy..... too much "A Baby Story" on TLC for YOU!
As I've heard said before, God's foolishness is bigger than man's wisdom. Even though my chances of losing this pregnancy were SO HIGH through the medical eyes, God is bigger. And better. And also wants to give us the desires of our hearts. Because apparently I thought it would be really fun to be nice big fat pregnant through an Alabama summer. Haha...Thank you...Lord!
A few more things....
1. Yes, my 'mid-blog-life-crisis' was a little in part due to HORMONES! I thought I did pretty well the first several weeks...still posting and all. But every pregnancy, I get this mother goose instinct to protect and pull away. And I think I just felt too exposed. But, I got over it and hopefully it won't happen again. But I can't promise anything! ;-)
2. I'm feeling great. Had very little sickness if any at all. Fatigue is killer though. I have a good 12 hours in me during the day and then is O.V.E.R. and then I can't get out of bed. Even it it's 6:30 pm.
3. I personally don't want to find out what the baby is. But Robert said we have to discuss whether or not we're finding out. :-( I really enjoyed not finding out with Lillian!! And that's what I would like to do again.
4. We still would love prayers for Robert's job and a healthy baby/pregnancy. Robert is staying busy painting, but he's only booked out so far. And the unknown after that can be hard. Put a hormonal pregnant wife and a hardworking (but nervous) husband together and it can be a recipe for disaster....well, it's just not the perfect situation. But we're hangin' in there.
5. If you're still reading..BRAVO. I don't tend to post really long posts without pics....but just wanted to come clean and clear the air! And please...keep coming back to read! I'm sure I can keep you semi entertained with stories from our household!! :-)